Mohican man of music Alexandro Querevalu

Out of history he cometh
To this sidewalk in the light
A wooden flute a shell rattle and a voice
That has some might
A clarity its uninvoloved
A directness from the soul
All that breath of the ancestor
Conjured, into that role

A forcefulness apparent
An incisiveness that we
Can absorb with such elegance
And just stand there and be
Enthralled by all that super breath
The music of the hills
The purity the harmony
It just gives you the chills

The affection of the moment
The sensory accord
The reaction of the waiting ears
That take on a reward
But do they see his history
Do they know or care
Are they simply biding time
And passing standing there

He gives them his rendition
All his throaty skills
A beautiful impression
The flutes it kind of fills
Our hearts with sparkling rivers
With purple mountains sides
The tepees in the evening mists
Where a puma possibly hides

We feel those emotive questions
The overwhelming charm
The ecstatic and emphatic
The haunting measured calm
Its passionate its effusive
How does one respond
The audience just peels away
No matter how fond

The Mohican sits and rocks and sings
His flute flies ever on
The music of the mountain streams
That flow until they are gone
Across the whole green wilderness
Into a spirit world
Whose joyfulness is in the clouds
Wherever its been hurled

28 comments on “Mohican man of music Alexandro Querevalu

1. Yes this is beautiful. I only found his posts last week, but I cannot stop listening to his music.

• Rex Tyler on said:

I am so glad you found him and that you stopped by to thank me
      How very kind of you i hope he is aware we all love his sensitivity x

2. What a beautiful poem about a very talented sensitive young musician. What a wonderful tribute. I personally find his music very therapeutic and healing. Something i really need.

• Rex Tyler on said:

Yes. Carol In his company a true artist its music from his soul you can feel it and how people can stand almost lifeless eating their ice cream I dont see it myself I feel it deep in my core. Thanks for stopping by made my day

• Rex Tyler on said:

Carol you do because you are a true light being a sensitive soul with real blood in your veins
      Not so many of these dead types that couldnt feel anything its really nice to hear your thoughts and share them in my heart

Thanks again for stopping by. Check out my blog over 5000 gems written from my heart and soul

3. Thank you Rex, both for your compliments and invitation. I shall drop in again now that I’ve found you. :-)

4. Thanks. Carol thanks so much x

5. What a beautiful poem. Have you shared this with Alexandro? I hope he gets a chance to read this!
    I love watching and listening to him perform. Your words captured my feelings about his performances perfectly.

• Rex Tyler on said:

I am so happy you enjoyed the poem i love that man his music his soul his heart his whole persona he is the genuine article
      I am ,moved by his music no i haven’t sent it to him although I would love him to read it i must check out perhaps. I can find him
      Thanks so much for your lovely words and for coming to my blog. Lisa x

• Rex Tyler on said:

Dear Lisa just found his facebook page and left the poem for him
      Thanks for prompting me x

6. I found out about him just a week ago and i love all his music.i am very much curious about him.his music touches my soul and i even cried.i love him and i thank him for his music and intelligence.

7. Thank you for such a beautiful poem, about a beautiful person who plays extraordinary beautiful music. Awesome!
    Do you know what tribe he’s descended from and why he lives in Poland?

• Rex Tyler on said:

I thought he was a mohican I don’t know why he lives in Poland
      But I heard his music and loved it and sensed that he was a genuine soul
      And I write poetry mostly for animals rights and the environment but also do musical
      Poetry for artists too so when I saw him I knewI needed to express my feelings and he wrote back to me
      And said he was moved by my poem so it was really lovely of him

Thanks. Lily for contacting me via the blog x

• Annette Kirby on said:

I hope you fans know now that he descended from the Incas of Peru. He moved to Poland when he was 18 to help support his family in Peru and there learned more music and developed his talents.

8. Bernie on said:

I cant stop listening to his music. completely unwinds you.

9. Mary Faso on said:

Love your poem, it speaks perfectly of him.
    I just heard of him this week and can’t stop listening to him.
    There is a Facebook group for him with videos and pictures to enjoy.
    Would like more information about him and how to buy his cds, but can’t seem to find this anywhere.

• Rex Tyler on said:

Dear Mary thank you for finding my poem Alexandro is a perfect soul his music is from the heart and I like you thought he was wonderful
      watching him and hearing the music of the Andes that I have personally been to and see and experienced well I love him

out of the blue to get your message on my blog was wonderful too

10. Pat Lewis on said:

This poem brought tears, you found the words that I feel but just didn’t know how to express, thank you so much, we didn’t know why we cry listening to Alexandro, and I feel that we don’t hear his music with our ears, we hear it with our soul. Since we found him on youtube, I’m surprised at all of the information on facebook about Indians and their life since people have found him.
    You have a beautiful soul to find the perfect words to discribe Alexandro, once again thank you.
    Pat

• Rex Tyler on said:

Thank you Pat how very kind of you to say that, this mans music and his persona are natural and genuine.
      Playing in front of the crowd he gives them so much and they feel not the same as you I can assure you x

11. Donna cantafio on said:

Thank you sooooooooo much for sharing this great talent and moving music.
    I to have just discovered your blog an the music of Alexandro
    Can’t get enough, please continue to send information on any music this gentle soul performance

• Rex Tyler on said:

Thankyou Donna i was moved by him when i watched last of the mohicans some time ago
      Thanks for finding my poem
      He enjoyed the poem too
      You all make me truly happy
      X

12. Kate burbidge on said:

Love the music whis him all the best always x

13. Annette Kirby on said:

I have read why he went to Poland when he was 18 yrs. Someone there was interested in Inca and Andean music, so he went to try to help his family financially and
    stayed. Probably didn’t earn too much since he was a street musician until not long ago. He is going to be alright now. I have only known about him for just a month. I am writing this on June 7, 2017. I think he is fabuluous

14. Cheryl Couturier on said:

I too have just discovered Alexandro for some reason I am really drawn to his music I listen to it every chance I get the people he plays for on the street have no idea how lucky they are to get to listen to him and his music they are like the Stepford wives standing there throwing their small change in his Indian pot he is clearly one of the best he is able to mesmerize me I’m going to Vegas to see him perform Oct 6th How lucky I am!

• Rex Tyler on said:

That was lovely to hear from you he is so special and that you are going to hear him personally good on you

Thanks for vusitin blog x